Thursday, June 25, 2009

Into the Silence

Here are some closing thoughts and pictures (for now) on this border journey. Today I enter into a silent retreat at a hermitage in Colorado where I am choosing not to be "plugged in" for a few days. I will take my experiences with me for deeper reflection and prayer.

Though I experienced the harshness of the desert landscape, I also witnessed her beauty. The paradox!

The colors of the sunset were amazing each night.

The moon setting in the glow of a 5:00 a.m. sunrise.


A reminder of God's covenant with humanity and all the earth.


Mark Adams offers this thought for us to consider -- What might it be like if the vertical "walls that divide us are turned on their sides, becoming tables that unite us." Can we feast at the banquet together?

Pictures of the Border Wall from the Nogales, Sonora, Mexico side - with graffiti and art installations.


Finally, this quote by Elizabeth O'Conner (of Church of the Savior in DC), sent by a new friend in Asheville:

"Whoever joins God's liberation movement must be content to spend time in the wilderness, to live in tents and not know what the morrow brings."

No comments:

Post a Comment